Last updated: 10th July 2019
GPost is a geographically-based intelligent message distribution solution that allows information to be sent to users in a specific physical location – an individual street address, a building or venue, a suburb, or everyone in a certain radius – via app push notification, email, or SMS. GPost digitises an individual physical address, providing capability to send notifications to that address.
- to download the mobile app via the App Store or Google play.
- – GPost app provides a ‘watch zone’ feature giving users the ability to stay alert to another suburb as well as the suburb where they live. In the app, simply type in any address or navigate to any area on the map to choose a watch zone.
- – users can switch between multiple addresses by a simple click. All they need to remember is their mobile number and password. They may want alerts for both the location of their business and their home, own multiple properties, or just want to keep an eye out for a family member.
- – users can set up to 5 personal email addresses to link with their GPost account. Once set and enabled, all alerts sent to the registered physical address are also forwarded to the personal email addresses.
- – GPost securely operates as a closed system to all email servers, meaning no other email server can directly send an email or spam to any GPost user account.
- – users can group contacts and share information with people they care about. In the app, click add from mobile contacts. GPost will automatically detect whether a mobile contact is an existing GPost user or not. If they are, add them to the GPost contact list. If not, click the invite button to let them know about the app.
Yes, it securely operates as a closed system. No other email server can spam any GPost account. Within the system, GPost provides the capability for users to block other users or report any offensive content so that corresponding accounts may be terminated.
Yes, GPost is a closed system. It is secure and robust. As long as the account password is safe, no external users can access a GPost user’s information. GPost does not ask users for personal names. A user’s GPost email address may be known by their contacts, however no one will know who a user is other than by username.
Yes. GPost allows users to register the first address of their choice. After completing registration, simply use the ‘Add New Address’ button to add additional addresses. Each different address will be added as a different account, however they will all be linked to a single GPost account. Simply update the address to switch between your different accounts. No matter which address is currently selected, alerts for all addresses will be received.
When a user registers an address with GPost, they automatically get alerts from the suburb they live in. GPost also offers the capability for users to pick another suburb they are interested in, as a ‘watch zone’. No matter where a user is located, they will receive all information sent to their home suburb and their watch zone. Users cannot change their home suburb, but they can change their watch zone at any time.
Search and download the GPost app on the App Store or Google Play, or register online at www.gpost.com. There are four simple steps to complete the registration.
- Step 1: provide a location
- Step 2: mobile number verification.
- Step 3: select a publisher to follow or skip.
- Step 4: enter a username, a password and submit.
Unsubscribe from any publisher via the GPost app or website. After logging in, go to the settings screen and then click the publishers tab. Users can then see the option to unselect any publisher on the list.
Web: leave a message via the Contact Us page.